In today’s world, all personal information is available on social media platforms. But some people like keeping their personal information to themselves. But how do we do it on social media platforms like Facebook? There are ways to keep certain things only to ourselves or the people we are okay with sharing. There are many Facebook users’ questions like facebook not working or how to unlock facebook account etc but a major question on how to hide friends list on Facebook will be answered below. You can log in to your Facebook account on a smartphone as well as on your computer. We will help you to hide your friends’ list in both scenarios.
- Open Facebook from your internet browser and log in to your account with the aid of giving the right username and password.
- Then click the triangle within the higher right corner to open the menu and then select Settings.
- Click on privacy on the left, and in the “How people Can find and contact You” section, choose “Who can see your friends list” and click on it.
- Inside the drop-down menu, pick out who you would love to see your friends list. pick out one option from this list which has options like:
- Public: Wherein anyone, whether friends or not, can see your friends.
- Friends: Only people who are your friends can see the friends list
- Only Me: Only you can see
- Custom: You can choose accordingly who can and can’t see your friends list. When you click on custom, you may enter separate lists or names underneath “share with” to allow them to see your friends listing or “don’t share with” to save them from seeing your friends listing. While you’re executing choosing, click save changes to save your custom settings and click close on the right to save your settings. Your friends’ list becomes private.
On smartphone or tablet:
- Open Facebook on your smartphone or tablet and tap on the menu icon, which looks like three horizontal lines, in the top right for Android or in the lower right for iPhone.
- Then tap on Settings & Privacy and pick out settings.
- Then tap Privacy Settings and pick “Who can see your friends list?” The following alternatives will be to be had:
- Public: Everybody, whether friends or not, can see your friends list.
- Only you: Only you can see
- Friends except: For All friends except the friends you selected
- Specific friends: Only friends you’ve got decided on
- Specific lists: Next, you will see groups of people indexed, like close friends or friends for your region. Precisely what suggests up here will vary but will include lists of people with whom you are associated. If you want to choose more than one list, you can achieve this using the custom choice at the website. If you’ve decided on friends except for specific friends, you need to click done once you’ve selected the people you want to have to get entry to on your friends listing. Then, click on the again button within the upper left to store your alternatives and return to settings that will alternate your privacy settings.
At the same time as this can conceal your friends’ list, there are a few methods people can still find some of your friends. While people go to your profile, they may see friends you have got in common. Plus, in case your friends have public friends lists, you’ll be seen there. However, in case your friends have not done the same, they may get to know you. So people have a concern about how to make Facebook private, so this was one manner where you can hide your friend listing from other people on Facebook which makes your personal information private.
We hope this blog helped you to know how to How to hide your friends list on Facebook from other people and also check out how to hide friends list on Facebook and how to make Facebook privateas these also impact the system.