One prom tradition that never seems to go out of style is a girl’s desire to find the perfect dress. Whether she chooses a glamorous gown, a flirty cocktail dress, or a sleeveless jumpsuit, prom season brings out girls’ fashion creativity as they search for just the right outfit. This year, prom dress trends reflect the season’s hottest looks. Whether your daughter is headed to prom or attending another formal event, here are 10 red hot trends for homecoming dresses that will make her the star of the show:
1) The mermaid silhouette – In a mermaid dress, your girl’s figure is showcased from under her bust line through the hips and down to her knees. This dramatic fit-and-flare cut hugs her curves and makes a dramatic statement.
2) The one-shoulder look – With just a single strap, this dress style is trendy. The exposed shoulder balances out the fitted waistline to create a modest yet flattering fit that flatters all shapes and sizes.
3) Maxi dresses in lace – Your girl will be on-trend in a long, sleeveless dress adorned with lace. This feminine touch makes the look more modest while still being fun and flirty for prom night.
4) Embellished halter dresses – Another way to make her outfit stand out is by including intricate detailing around the neckline, creating an eye-catching effect that is certain to turn heads.
5) Bodycon dresses – In a body-hugging silhouette, this dress is short and fitted from the bust line to the hips with a high waistline that highlights her shapely curves. She will be sure to make a fashion statement in this daring dress style.
6) Ombre – One of the hottest color trends, ombre dresses have been popular for quite some time. In a stunning blue-to-purple color transition, this dress starts at her bust line and flows down the length of her body in a graceful style that looks great on girls of all shapes and sizes.
7) The strapless ball gown – This elegant look features an ultra-feminine style that is sure to be a hit with any girl. With just one strap at the shoulder and an extremely full skirt, this dress is as dramatic as it is fun.
8) Colorful shift dresses – If your daughter isn’t into all-out colors, try opting for a shift silhouette in a bold hue like hot pink or cobalt blue. This unique dress starts at the waist and is loose and flowing from there until it narrows again at her hips for a fun and flirty look.
9) Lace one-piece dresses – If your daughter isn’t into dresses, consider opting for a lace jumper that features long sleeves and an ultra-feminine silhouette. The unique design includes lace embellishments that your girl can use to accessorize her look.
Whether your daughter wants an elegant gown, fun and a flirty cocktail dress, or anything in between, you’re sure to find just the right red hot trends for prom dresses at Macy’s. The store is stocked with stylish looks from classic favorites like Sherri Hill as well as the latest trends from on-trend designers like Jovani and Sherri Layne.