With millions of people working online, it’s obvious to feel agitated because of slow internet connection. Need not to worry! Setting up a Netgear WiFi range extender can be a solution to your problem. Wondering how? Wonder no more! The Netgear range extender setup process will not only provide you with a fast internet connection but also boost the WiFi coverage of your existing WiFi network. In other words, regardless of which room or area you sit in your home, you will have no issues while accessing the internet.
So, without much delay, let’s get started with the Netgear extender setup process, shall we?
Instructions to Set Up a Netgear Extender
Power on Your Netgear Extender
Here are the step-by-step instructions that you need to follow:
- Plug your extender into a working wall socket.
- Make sure that the power cable you are using is free of damages.
- Press the power button on your Netgear WiFi extender.
- Wait until the power LED gets stable.
On the off chance if the power LED on your Netgear extender doesn’t turn green, make sure that it is receiving continuous, uninterrupted, and fluctuation-free power supply.
Connect Your Extender and the Router
Once the LED on your Netgear extender becomes lit and green, grab an Ethernet cable and build a connection between your device and the router. Also, bear the below-mentioned points in mind while trying to create a solid connection between your devices:
- The Ethernet cable you are using shouldn’t have any breakage or cuts.
- In the event that the cable is prone to damages, get it replaced immediately.
- You can also make use of a WiFi source to connect your router and the Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Now, connect your WiFi-enabled devices to your home network.
Open a Web Browser
As soon as you connect your devices to the WiFi network, open a web browser of your choice on a computer or laptop. Once you’re done, follow the steps outlined underneath:
- Open an up-to-date internet browser.
- Enter mywifiext in the address bar. To avoid login issues, it is suggested – not to use the browser’s search bar. Apart from that, we suggest you cross-check the web address after entering it. Mywifiext must be entered without any typing errors.
- Press the Enter key.
- Wait for the New extender setup page to be displayed.
Just in case, if mywifiext.net not working, use the Netgear extender default IP address.
Enter the Extender Login Credentials
Pressing the Enter key will take you to the New Extender Setup page. If you are able to access the extender’s setup page, walk through the instructions highlighted below:
- Enter the default extender login credentials into the given fields.
- Be very careful while entering the Netgear extender login credentials.
- Refer to the Netgear extender manual regarding login credentials.
- Click the Log In button once you are done entering the extender’s admin details.
Note: If you are unable to access the new extender setup page, feel free to drop us a line into the comments section.
Follow the On-Screen Prompts
After clicking the Log In button, you will be taken to the Netgear Genie setup wizard. Here, you have to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the configuration of your extender with ease.
Bonus Tip: If you are using an Apple device, iPhone or iPad to configure your Netgear WiFi range extender, then use mywifiext.local web address instead of mywifiext or the default IP address.
That’s it! Now, you can enjoy the uninterrupted speed of the internet in every nook and cranny of your house. Besides, you can also connect as many devices as you want to the extended WiFi network. No matter in which room you sit, you will be able to access the internet without signal drop.