.The tap that creates the new external water point must be connected to a per-existing water supply pipe by means of a pipe. It should be made of copper or synthetic material.
It is certainly possible to perform a new pipeline with the classic galvanized steel pipes threaded at the ends. It connected with special joints. But it is certainly a much more complex and specialized job. Once you have precisely identified the point. Where to install the new tap, you must carefully evaluate the best route (it may not necessarily be the shortest) to connect it to a water pipe.
• It is not mandatory that the pipe to which you will connect must be the central water distribution column. It can be, in turn, a secondary branch of the water system. if It is convenient to connect to the main pipe in order not to reduce the flow rate. water of the house services.
With the tube in synthetic material:
For very long routes, outdoors. It is not convenient to use the copper pipe. It is certainly more useful to use the particular black synthetic material pipe that can run underground or even above the ground. It should be stretched for many meters without any particular work. connecting one piece to another.
• To connect the black pipe to the water pipe. It is necessary to use special fittings that are specially designed to connect to a copper pipe or a steel pipe.
• On the opposite side, the fitting for the plastic pipe must be connected to the appropriate reductions. It should fittings for the metal taps while the tap is fixed to the wall as described below
With copper tube:
The copper pipes to be used range from a diameter of 8 mm up to 12 mm. These diameters are already able to provide a substantial amount of water.
• The copper pipe should not be walled up. It can undergo expansion and cause problems. It is certainly more convenient to make it run along corners, recesses In any case in a not very visible way but always in an uncovered way.
• This system avoids, among other things, making tiring grooves in the walls. It must then be sealed with heavy masonry work. On the other hand, the pipe feeds an external tap. It must be run in a 30-50 cm deep excavation.
• Purchase the PVC-clad copper pipe in a length. You estimate at least 10% longer than what you measured to make sure you don’t have to make connections due to the shortage of pipe length. Stretch the pipe along the path by inserting it in the passages that you will have had to open in the walls and making the necessary curves.
• To bend a copper pipe, if it is of small diameter, it may be sufficient to lean it against the knee and pull it backwards; if, on the other hand, it has a larger diameter and therefore it is difficult to bend it, you must use a pipe bending pliers. On the market there are different types and different costs. For a plant of this kind, a normal lever tube bender with a single bending matrix and very low cost is sufficient.
• The tube is inserted on the matrix and a guide wheel is made to rotate on it, which shapes the tube along the matrix, providing the bend without any crushing or constriction. After you have covered the entire distance until you get close to the pipe from which you need to take the sample, proceed with the connection.
• The copper pipe, along its path, must be blocked so that it cannot be moved. In particular, the two-sector plastic head plugs are very useful, which are inserted into the wall and which lock the pipe in place with their head.
How to Link It
If the tube to which you have to connect is made of copper. The job becomes easier. After having closed the general shut-off valve and having opened the various taps so that the pipe to which you must attach drains completely, cut the pipe to which you must attach and remove a sufficient segment (about 4 cm) in order to to be able to insert a T-joint equipped with bicone fittings having the suitable diameter to connect the cut pipe while the outlet can be connected to the new pipe.
• There are fittings of all diameters and there are also fittings with reductions that can allow you to connect pipes of different diameters. After inserting the two ring nuts, the two ring seals (o-rings) and the two bicone toggles inserted in the two pieces, then insert the two ends of the tube into the arms of the T and screw the two ring nuts to it, tightening them firmly with the keys.
• You have to do the same work in the last section of the pipe that comes from the new water point. Insert the ring nut, then the annular gasket then the bicone fitting and insert the pipe inside the fitting, tighten the ring nut strongly.
• If the pipe you need to connect to is made of steel, you should consult a plumber to make the connection. In fact it is necessary to cut the pipe and thread the ends, then place a special T joint with reduction and connection for copper pipe. For Plumbing Consult Here
• The fitting is now complete and you can move on to applying the tap to the opposite end of the pipe. The tap is also connected to the pipe in the same way by means of bicone joints which are available in various shapes. Depending on its shape, the faucet can be fixed to the wall by means of plugs and then connected to the pipe or connected to the pipe and supported by this, while the pipe itself is blocked to the wall by means of plugs with an annular head. The possibilities are different and it all depends on the type of use you intend to make of the tap.