SEO or search engine optimization is the act of advertising your website on online search engines. This may sound simple enough but there are thousands of factors that contribute to getting high rankings for your site so you can get maximum exposure to whoever is searching through these sites.
Here are some frequently overlooked SEO tips from the top seo agencies in Singapore that will help you succeed in getting your site ranked highly.
- Use the right keywords in your title tag. Marketing gurus will tell you that it’s too difficult to target your keywords when someone searches, but this is simply not true! If you are selling apples and oranges, then use “apples” or “oranges” in the headline of the page.
- Use the keywords naturally in your content. Remember, you need to write for people first and search engines second. If you are using “apple” in your title tag but never use that word anywhere else on the page then it’s not going to help much.
- Meta descriptions are important! This is where you can convince people to click on your link. You should try not to exceed 160 characters because it will be truncated in the search listings.
- Don’t forget to use your keywords in file names! If you have a page about oranges, then make sure it’s called oranges.html or something similar so that Google indexes the right page.
- Submit your site to major search engines. This is a must! If you want to be found, then Google has got to index your page.
- Use social media sites like Facebook and Twitter to promote your website. These are great places not only for advertisements but also great tools for getting relevant content shared among other people who can link back to you for great seo benefits.
- Follow major industry blogs to get new ideas on how best to optimize your site. Many of these influencers have free newsletters that you can subscribe to which will give you much appreciated fresh content, and when used correctly this is highly linkable back to your own website!
- Submit your sitemaps to major search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing. They need to know not only what you are about but where your pages are for them to properly index your site!
- Make sure your web host is search engine friendly! You can find hosts that rank high in the various listings by doing some research online. These hosting companies care about your seo as much as you do, make sure you research this before signing up.
- This is not a tip but a simple policy, always put the customer first! If people don’t come to your site or stay on your site then it doesn’t matter how high you rank for those keywords because no one will see it! The great part about SEO is that you can rank for hundreds of keywords this way, but it all starts with just one click.
- Use Google Analytics to see where your traffic is coming from and most importantly, how long they are staying on the site! For more awesome SEO tips check out our blog at:
SEO is a great way to get your content out there and noticed. This is a very simple list of tips that will help you succeed in growing your site. The more you understand SEO, the better off you’ll be when it comes to marketing both online and offline. Make sure you are constantly testing different strategies to see what works best for your website so you can get the most traffic possible!
That’s it. If you enjoyed this guide, please share with friends or whoever else might benefit from it! It took us a lot of time to put together, so it would be appreciated if proper credit is given if you decide to use any of it. There are some great SEO plugins for WordPress that can help too if you don’t have the time to do this yourself!