Most of us are well aware of the different types of essays that we study throughout our school years, but very few of us have an idea of what exactly is an illustration essay and how do we go about it. In simple terms, an illustration essay is an essay that serves the purpose of informing the audience. Therefore, its writing style is an informative one, which goes on a similar note with exemplification papers.
The purpose of the essay is to inform the audience or express to them, the reason for the existence of a particular object. Therefore, the main goal here is to illustrate ideas to an audience. This idea could be in any form- be it answering a question, informing others, or creating a reader-friendly guide to succeed in certain areas.
The thesis for this essay is written in order to support certain facts, even before providing evidence in the main body of your essay. As you move to provide evidence in the main body, it is built upon certain supported arguments as well as logical conclusions.
As we are in our school years, we are not acquainted with such type of an essay but if you acquaint yourself with it, you will be able to gather the necessary details and the knack of writing, your dissertation, at a later stage. You get an understanding of how to develop the required arguments based upon solid facts and evidence. People also get an idea of how to go about argumentative writing and also conduct debates on a social level. This will also provide you assistance on an online level, in case you are willing to work upon creative content writing or offering great guest posts to certain sites which deal with essays or offering help to students.
When you get to write a thesis on such illustration essays, you must include a brief description of the entire paper you are working on, a brief summary of your content and then a connecting sentence to your body. Just like the essays are long, similarly, the thesis can also be a few sentences long so that the reader is able to get a better understanding of the overall essay.
As you get to write an illustrative essay, you must obey the format required for the same. You begin with an introduction which should be so catchy that the reader is forced to read your work, and it should also provide a linking line to your thesis.
Next you write the thesis which, in one or two sentences, must describe the essay you are writing, then summarize the paper in 1 or 2 lines and then add a sentence in the thesis that links to your body.
In your body paragraph 1, you provide supporting arguments that links to your thesis, along with providing examples and illustrations for your claim. Similar should happen with your body paragraph 2 and 3. The third one should provide a linking sentence to the conclusion.
Next, in your conclusion, write a short summary of the entire paper you have worked upon and then end with a conclusive sentence.
How to Write an Illustrative Essay?
- Choose a Topic: The very first step to getting about your essay is choosing a topic for your work. Identify the main object you wish to talk on. In case you are offering content writing services related to the topic, you already have the topic, and you just need to make it creative enough in order to offer creative content writing services.
- Plan well: The next step is to plan well and research your content well. You need to fight credible sources for your work which you can do using several popular university research papers. Having done this, you will get expert approved examples in your work.
- Create an Outline: In order to make your work clear and your task easy you must create an outline for your essay. In this outline, include the titles, thesis as well as a conclusion. Thereafter, draft proper ideas that you will frame in sentence to give form to your essay.
- Write the Introduction and Thesis: Start with an introductory sentence for your essays wherein you talk about the objective of your essay. You start with a great hook line and then as sentence which connects to the thesis. The thesis should have few lines of introduction of the paper, the summary of the paper, which you can write in 1 or 2 sentences. Then link the thesis to the body paragraphs.
- Work upon the Body Paragraphs: The body paragraph has 3 different paragraphs, in all these paragraphs you have to provide a claim, then research and provide evidence for the claim and then provide examples as well. It is mandatory that you follow this route throughout the paper and don’t mix up ideas since then you may not be able to provide a great content.
- Draft a Conclusion: In the conclusion, you summarize and sum up all the important points in your essay with proper examples and evidence. Think of it as you write a conclusive thesis and then follow it up by a finishing sentence that contains the ideas that your audience wants to believe.
- Write down the References: Mention your sources, that is, the places from where you have taken help for your work. This is mandatory to be written on the final page of your work. Make a list of all the sources you have referred to it for your paper, according to the name of the author, the title of the article as well as the publication date on each citation. In case you don’t do this, you can get plagiarism in your work. Do obey the proper format, while going about this process.
- Proofread your Work: This is one of the most important steps in the entire process. If you fail to go about this process, you may miss out on huge grammatical and structural errors that could have been made in your work. What you have to do is, read through your essay carefully and analyse the mistake and then rectify it.
Therefore, you can go about the following steps in order to get a great illustrative essay for your work and also to benefit in whichever field you are writing, be it offering great guest posts for certain sites, or content writing services. You may excel in the art of writing effective illustrative essay, using the following steps.