Sea Buckthorn is a flowering plant belonging to the Elaeagnaceae family. Its origin is Europe and Asia, in cold temperatures.
Sea Buckthorn is a berry that is used for medicinal purposes. It is a pale yellow to dark orange. Moreover, it is extremely sour as compared to lemon, oranges. The presence of Vitamin C is also extreme as compared to lemon.
It gives various benefits to the skin, not only for women but also to men.
Properties of Sea Buckthorn Oil & Supplement
The Oil and extract form of Sea Buckthorn has multiple benefits for medicinal and cosmetic treatment. It has several properties that support the benefits.
- A high concentration of Vitamin C is noted in the Sea buckthorn berry. It has more vitamin c as compared to lemon and oranges. Sea Buckthorn is invigorating and stimulates circulation in the body.
- Sea buckthorn is full of unsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E. Unsaturated fatty acids like Omega-3, 6, 7, and 9 fatty acids. Yes, it has Omega 7 too, which is very rare to find in fruit and vegetables. The composition of Omega and Vitamin makes Sea buckthorn ideal for normal and dry skin.
- The sea buckthorn fruit has Vitamin C and B12, which enhance its power for skin and overall health.
Benefits of Sea Buckthorn For Skin
Sea Buckthorn can give full protection and nourishment to the skin. It is the best fruit for women to add to their diet. Well, it is difficult to find fruit. Try Sea Buckthorn supplements or oil.
Sea Buckthorn is helpful to eliminate the small wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots by repairing the oxidative damage and boosting collagen protein formation. The excess oxidative stress, mutation, aggregation of the protein, etc cause ageing in women. Sea Buckthorn Oil and Extract are enriched in fatty acids that plump the skin and make you look younger than your real age.
Sea Buckthorn is an excellent anti-inflammation property that works for internal inflammation and skin inflammation. When the skin suffers from a high level of inflammation, it causes dermatitis, psoriasis, redness, itching, etc. Sea buckthorn extract is quick to reduce inflammation and prevent many skin diseases and health diseases. You can also prevent future flare-ups with the regular use of sea buckthorn berry and its extract.
Prevent Skin Dryness
Sea buckthorn has a perfect ratio of Omega fatty acid with Omega 3, Omega 6 and Omega 9 that nourish your dry skin and mature skin. It is best known as a moisturizer. Sea buckthorn oil is also used in many cosmetic products for skin health. Its powerful hydrating agent will keep your skin hydrated throughout the day.
Sea Buckthorn is helpful to stimulate skin regeneration. Its antioxidant and antibacterial properties promote quick cell repair, cell regeneration and quick wound healing. It is ideal to add Sea Buckthorn Extract to your diet as a daily supplement.
How to Use Sea Buckthorn For Skin?
If you are thinking to use sea buckthorn from a direct berry or fruit, it is a bit difficult to find. It is not available easily in the market, especially in India. Below, we are recommending some options that you can try.
- Sea Buckthorn Oil – Sea Buckthorn Oil is a liquid extract for its seed and the pulp of the berry. You can buy it online. Many companies sell pure forms of sea buckthorn oil. It is good to choose the pure form of sea buckthorn oil for the excess effect on the skin.
- Sea Buckthorn Juice – Sea Buckthorn juice extract is also available in the market that you can consume with water or tea. You can have sea buckthorn water and sea buckthorn tea daily.
- Sea Buckthorn Supplement – Yes, many companies are selling sea buckthorn supplements from the pure extract of berries. All you have to do is to intake 1 capsule twice a day. It is not hectic too to have supplements.
DIY By Sea Buckthorn From Skin
You can make your DIY product for a beauty routine by mixing the Sea Buckthorn Extract with your regular product.
- Face Mask – You can prepare a glowing sea buckthorn face mask by mixing the honey, aloe vera and sea buckthorn oil or juice. After mixing it well, apply it to your clean face. Leave it for some minutes like 10-15 minutes and then rinse with water.
- Moisturizer – You can get sea buckthorn moisturizer from the market or you can mix some drops of sea buckthorn oil in your regular lotions.
- Scrub – For scrubbing, you can bring some oat flakes and mix them with sea buckthorn extract or oil. Gently give a massage to your skin for a few minutes. As a result, you will get clean and moisturized skin.