Nighthawk mesh extender boosts your WiFi range by amplifying the signals emitted by your existing home router. It delivers high-speed internet to provide you with the best online experience. In other words, we can say that a Netgear WiFi range extender is ideal for streaming HD videos, playing online games, and doing much more. So, if you are using a router, switch to a Netgear extender and take your internet experience to a whole new level.
Netgear extender setup can be easily performed by accessing the mywifiext page. In addition, you can easily create a WiFi hotspot by connecting your Nighthawk mesh extender to the existing network via a wired connection. It is known as setting up your WiFi device in Access Point mode. When your Netgear extender is installed as an access point, it will broadcast the wireless signals in a designated area.
Before you start wondering that installing your Nighthawk mesh extender as an Access Point is a difficult process, let’s make it easy for you. Continue reading.
How to Install Nighthawk Mesh Extender as Access Point?
Following the steps given below to configure your Nighthawk mesh extender as an Access Point:
- Switch On Your Nighthawk Mesh Extender
- Plug your Nighthawk mesh extender into a wall socket and switch on the Power button.
- Wait for the power LED on your Nighthawk mesh extender to glow solid green.
- Connect Your WiFi Devices
- Grab an Ethernet cable.
- Connect your Nighthawk mesh extender to the home router via an Ethernet cable.
- Switch On Your PC
- Once your WiFi devices get properly connected, turn on your PC.
- Now, open a web browser and type www.mywifiext.net in its address bar.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be required to log in to your Nighthawk mesh extender.
- Enter the default username and password of your Nighthawk mesh extender by referring to the Netgear user manual.
- Configure Access Point on Your Nighthawk Extender
- On the Netgear Genie setup wizard, click Access Point.
- Now, set a network name, security option, and a strong password of an extender.
- Once done, click Next to apply the new settings.
- Click Continue > Next in order to set up an access point on your Netgear extender.
In this way, you can successfully install your Nighthawk mesh extender as an Access Point.
Points to Remember While Enabling Access Point
- To ensure that your Nighthawk mesh extender is receiving enough power supply, plug it into a damage-free wall socket. Besides, you can use a UPS to prevent your WiFi device from power outages.
- Make sure that your Nighthawk mesh extender is not in the range of WiFi interference devices. So, keep your extender away from electronic gadgets, Bluetooth devices, reflexive surfaces, and metal objects.
- Verify that the Ethernet cable you used to connect your Nighthawk mesh extender and router is free from cuts. Also, check that it is connected properly to both WiFi devices.
- Use an updated web browser to log in to your WiFi mesh extender and confirm that it is free from cookies, cache, and browsing history.
- Disable all VPN and firewall software while installing your Nighthawk mesh extender as an access point.
- Type the correct default web address to access the Netgear extender login page. Do not enter the web address in the search bar of your internet browser.
- It is recommended not to refresh the web browser or turn off your WiFi devices until the installation of your extender as an access point completes.
Our guide to installing a Nighthawk mesh extender as an access point ends here. We hope that you will be able to extend your existing wireless network now. If yes, then you are ready to use blazing-fast internet in the designated area of your home.