Four delicious healthy snack ideas for children
It is important for small children to have something to eat from time to time, in small amounts. Since their body is growing, food is essential for them. But then, it should not be junk food. Rather choose healthy food like grainless granola for your beloved son and/or daughter. They do make excellent snacks, Tiffin and also help control in-between hunger pangs.
Children just love to have something or the other for snacks since they feel hungry most of the time. But then, it is your responsibility and duty to ensure they get to consume periodically snacks, comprising only healthy food items. But most of the children are found to be interested mostly in consuming chocolate, chips and sodas. This unhealthy habit should be broken. As an alternative, you need to present them with a healthy alternative with nutritional values.
Nutritional snack ideas for your children
- Milkshakes: You may provide your children with milkshakes. But smoothies do make excellent alternatives and also are healthy. You may use low fat milk, fresh fruits and yogurt to prepare a smoothie using your blender. It just takes a few seconds for this healthy preparation. You can also teach your adolescent kids to prepare his/her own smoothie and they are sure to enjoy this task and feel proud about it.
- Fresh fruits with easy access to them: Fruits are always good for health and also strongly recommended by health experts. A clean bowl filled with a mix of freshly cut fruits is definitely irresistible. You may even include exotic ones to the bowl and see their surprise and happiness. Even the pickiest of children is sure to love having such bowl full of varieties of fruits. You may even consider taking your children to the market to select fruits that interests them. Do consider offering special treats periodically by preparing banana popsicles and chocolate dipped fruits.
- Juice: What if your children do not like to consume vegetables and fruits for snacks? In such a case, you may prepare their juice and your children are sure to love consuming them, thus deriving the necessary amount of nutrition in their body. Use the juicer to run fresh veggies and fruits and prepare homemade juice. It is sure to get proper attention and ratings. Running them through blender filled with ice will make it a hit among children. Create popsicles form freshly made vegetable and fruit juice.
- Offer healthy snacks instead of chips: Granola cereals, grain-based granolas and no grain granola! There is plenty of choice in the market to choose from. Granola is quite healthy for your children and should be made part of their daily diet. It can be consumed along with whole wheat crackers. These cereals can be mixed with dried fruits, raisins and nuts and is sure to be enjoyed by your children.
- Children just love to have something or the other for snacks since they feel hungry most of the time. But then, it is your responsibility and duty to ensure they get to consume periodically snacks, comprising only healthy food items. But most of the children are found to be interested mostly in consuming chocolate, chips and sodas. This unhealthy habit should be broken. As an alternative, you need to present them with a healthy alternative with nutritional values.
It can be quite a challenging task to tempt your children with healthy snacks. But getting valuable tips from other mothers and health experts can help you to win the challenge and ensure your beloved ones are provided with only healthy food all the time.