New technology has taken over the real estate market today. These days drones are used to take aerial photographs of properties, e-signatures are used for clients’ authorization. Virtual events and social media sites have opened up more avenues for the real estate market. Today you will not see the website of any new property without 3D virtual tours. However, videos continue to be an important tool used in marketing campaigns. It is a proven asset, and social media avenues such as Facebook, Instagram, and Email have made videos even more popular in real estate marketing.
Let us look at nine types of real estate videos that you can create to augment your marketing campaign to a whole new level.
Property Showcase Video
Walkthrough videos are obviously the first thing that comes to mind when we think about real estate videos. In today’s world of technological advancement, getting a virtual home tour of different properties from the comfort of your bed has become a reality. Most property owners and agents these days offer video content to attract potential buyers for open houses and live showings. The property walkthrough video can have music, narration, and even famous personalities. Some important features of a good property showcase video include:
- Develop a script and gameplay. Don’t make the video trying to ‘wing it.’
- Keep the video short. 1-3 minutes of captivating visuals with important details is ideal.
- Ensure that the narration and audio are of good quality.
- Try to find the video on a sunny day. Good lighting will make the home look its best.
- Practice the walkthrough a few times before filming to ensure perfection.
Personalized Email Real Estate Videos
Personalized videos are the best real estate videos that agents can create themselves. These videos can answer the prospects’ questions, deliver important data or offer advice. Here are a few reasons why sending personalized videos through email is extremely important for real estate dealings.
The changes in YouTube algorithms and the declining popularity of Facebook have made email more popular than ever before. So digital marketers can easily reach their audience through email. Few ideas of personalized real estate videos that you can send using email include:
- Private listing walkthrough videos
- Videos explaining the buying and selling process in detail
- Answering specific questions of your clients
- Walkthrough videos of local shopping areas or downtown
- Details about the local school districts
Educational Real Estate Videos
Offering deep expertise is one of the best ways to nurture leads. This is one of the main reasons why people hire agents. Of course, you can write a 3000-word long post explaining the ins and outs of the property, but how many people would be willing to read it? The same information can be communicated in a more natural, fun, and conversational way by making an educational video.
Few ideas to create real estate videos for the educational purpose include:
- Introduction to real estate for first-time buyers
- Closing cost explainer videos
- Neighborhood guides
- Condos vs. Co-ops explainer videos
- Explanation about making offers
- Explanation of the selling or buying process
- Homeowners association explainer videos
Agent Introduction Videos
All agents would like to answer every single lead personally, but there may be times when you aren’t able to. In such cases, send your prospects and new leads an introductory video. This would give them a chance to understand you, your working techniques, and USP in a better manner. Few tips for creating good agent introduction videos include:
- Talk freely about your personal life and family
- Use a professional editor
- Add enticing music
- Write a script, avoid improvising
- Get your video approved by a fellow agent or friend
Drone Listing Videos
In the year 2021, drone videos have become industry standard when we talk about real estate videos. In order to gain clients, you need to provide high-quality listing videos to display your marketing chops. Few tips for creating real estate videos with drone footage include:
- Create a shot list before shooting
- Take all safety precautions in mind regarding filming with a drone
- Keep the drone videos limited to high-end listings
- Display the property lines with the drone videos.
Creative Real Estate Marketing Videos
Since drone videos and walkthrough videos have become quite common these days, ambitious and smart agents have started to create real estate videos more creatively. This is especially true in more high-end properties. A few tricks and tips for creative real estate marketing videos are:
- Know your audience. Will they like the sense of humor in the videos?
- Feature local artists or musicians in the video.
- Keep the creative videos short, under 4-5 minutes.
Facebook Live Videos for Real Estate Marketing
Facebook Live is a great place to show property listings with exclusivity and a sense of urgency. Nothing would make a buyer want a listing more than telling them they are missing out on it. It is a great place to nurture seller leads as well. When you are live on Facebook, it gives your clients an easy way to tune in. Here are a few pointers to keep in mind when creating Facebook live videos:
- Show sneak peeks of new listings
- Talk directly to the audience
- Take them behind the scenes
- Record live tours of pocket listings
- Try to stay on the camera for a minimum of 15 minutes
- Avoid dead air; keep the commentary flowing
Neighborhood Tour Videos
One of the most important considerations when buying a house is the location. This is why one of the most important questions that any buyer would have is: How is the neighborhood? Why not answer this question in the best way by creating a video about it. Looking at an area from the point of view of a knowledgeable local is much better than looking at it on Google Street View. A few tips for recording real estate videos for neighborhood tours are:
- Plan the route in advance
- Hire a good videographer
- Avoid shooting the video from a car
- Use a professional microphone with a wind deflector
- Make sure the sun is not behind you while shooting
Client Testimonial Videos
Most people have started taking written, anonymous reviews with a grain of salt. This is because it is extremely easy for anyone to write a fake review. Client testimonial videos are more believable as they offer direct social proof. Here are a few tips:
- Approach clients to create video testimonials a few weeks after closing
- Try shooting the testimonials in the same place
- Give them an outline or script for writing their testimonials
- Combine 2-3 short testimonials in one video
If you are a real estate agent, create the above-mentioned videos for your listings to ensure you stand apart from your competitors.